in Albuquerque

I flew to Albuquerque today after work.  Got a chance to play with the
plane phone for a change.  Hoping to see some old friends.

The morning was hectic; I couldn't find my plane tickets.  (Never did,
in fact.  I just went to the airport: "My name is Kragen Sitaker.  You
fly to Houston.  Prepare me to fly.")  I got to work very late and
attended an office lunch.  Everyone from the office was talking about
guns (sniper rifles mostly), and how they wished they could drive an
A-10 tank down I-75 and blow up all the trucks.  And about how road
rage had overtaken drunk driving as a cause of highway fatalities.
Funny, that.

I got substantial work done today, though, despite the short workday.
That made me happy.

Had a terrific weekend last weekend.  Saw Waiting for Godot with some
friends, then spent the night at Brad's house with Matt and his
girlfriend (and, of course, Brad.)  Unfortunately (fortunately?) we
were all awwake most of the night talking.  So I didn't actually leave
until 17:00 or so on Sunday, after some tasty Vietnamese food.

Marilyn is going up to see Nate this weekend, and I am here in
Albuquerque until Sunday.  Mandythedog is being taken care of by our
brother and sister-in-law.  I guess Mandy will see what it's like to be
around another huge rambunctious puppy.  Maybe he will have empathy for
us :)

It's nice to be around people I love.  This has been a good week for
that.  I get to see my father for the first time since Christmas --
hurrah!

My uncle Arthur is up in Colorado visiting his girlfriend, so I may not
get to see him.  I don't know when he returns.

--
The Internet stock bubble didn't burst on 1999-11-08.  Hurrah!