night

Well, Marilyn showed up; she was apparently under the impression that I
    was still at work, as I usually would be at 17:00 or 18:00, and she
    was out shopping and trying to call me at work.  I was at home,
    wondering where she was.  (She called here once, but hung up after
    three rings, before I could answer.)

She came home (and was quite irritated to find me there, despite having
    frequently and vocally wished I'd come home earlier!).  I cooked her
    some dinner (Campbell's soup and a grilled-cheese sandwich --
    decidedly unfancy) and chatted with her a bit.

I've got the sound card installed in gentle, and it shows up in
    /proc/pci, but I haven't installed ALSA.  I thought I'd go ahead and
    build 2.2 while I was at it.

So I'm downloading twelve megs of kernel sources.