afternoon and evening

OK, well, now I'm home.  I got the SCSI driver installed, got the tape
drive working, and started backing stuff up with Mike Barth's port of
GNU tar, which (unlike the Cygwin port) supports tapes.

After that, I drove down to Books & Co. to get some books; I got
Kernighan and Pike's _The Unix Programming Environment_ and Friedl's
_Mastering Regular Expressions_.

I came home and picked out what was to go to our garage sale tomorrow.
Marilyn tells me she was planning to have a one-day sale only, which
wasn't what I was expecting.

Now we are to go and get a movie.