journal entry late 1999-08-24

Did a modicum of useful work at work today.  Also filled out forms.
Need to fill out travel reimbursement stuff asap, which will probably
happen early enxt week.

After work (worked only 6 hours.  oog.) went to El Meson with Marilyn.
I had a delicious "salmon stack" thingy with rice, black beans, Spanish
capers (which I thought were figs -- I can't find any info on them),
etc.  Marilyn had a lamb shank.  We both had salad.

Marilyn's work is running into minor hitches; she's doing a research
project with some professors, and their IRB needs a letter from the
police dept. saying that the use of the police data for this study is
authorized.  We chatted a bit about that, and about possible ways to cut
the front for the window seat in the bookcase we're building.  (Maybe a
bit convex, a few inches?  Wouldn't that be nice?  Should we cut in a
circular arc, an elliptical arc, or a chunk of a supercircle or
superellipse?)

We came home; I washed the dishes, read and responded to email,
folded laundry, put away laundry, fought with Marilyn a bit, made up,
and downloaded my mailbox from DNACo.  (The mailbox reached 17 million
bytes, and 4000 messages; I wouldn't want to run out of mailbox quota
while I was out of town.)

I pack tonight and fly out tomorrow morning.