Today's deeds

Well, I flew out to Las Vegas this morning; I arrived after a 5-hour
flight at 10:30.  Picked up my suitcase and trotted out of the plane
(gawd, this thing is heavy.  is it full of rocks?  well, yes.  in
microscopic pieces embedded into the pages of books, totalling several
pounds.  That nd a tape drive.)

Doug picked me up at the airport after I figured out where the ordinary
person pickups were (as opposed to the taxi pickups and the limo
pickups).  We drove out to Nellis AFB, where we're working this week;
Doug told me about all the interesting sights we passed on the way
there.  After a Chinese-food lunch . . .

More later.

--
Tue Aug 24 1999
76 days until the Internet stock bubble bursts on Monday, 1999-11-08.